Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Making Molly's Handmade Napkins

After reading kimmymade (and seeing her stripey bunny) I was introduced to the Purl Bee (be prepared to get addicted) and I fell in love with the idea of making Molly's Handmade Napkins. Before I could start sewing I needed to make bias tape. I read the instructions on my bias tape maker and ...... started ..... it all went a bit horribly wrong. So I've made my own instructions on my patterns & recipes page to make sure your first bias tape experience doesn't go as wonky as mine!! AND sewing in straight lines is not easy. There were many squeaks of frustration. But look at my lovely picnic napkins - I am unsure if there is such a thing as a "picnic napkin" but I call them picnic napkins because they are 11" sq and they would be perfect to take on a picnic!

1 comment:

{kimmymade} said...

What a GORGEOUS mix of fabrics! Isn't The Purl Bee awesome? I think it should as serve as the model for ALL store blogs. Have you been to Purl and Purl Patchwork yet? If you haven't yet, you must the next time you're in the city!